Read more in this section
Where: Your school, church or local community
Fundraising target: You decide
Help fight hunger this harvest by being a Hunger Hero and fundraising for our lifesaving programmes with your school.
There are lots of ways to get involved from foodie fancy dress days to bake sales – and much more in between.
Our experienced team are on hand with materials and advice to support you. We also provide regular updates so you and your class can see the impact of your amazing support.
Need some inspiration?
Hunger Heroes from schools around the country have been supporting us through a huge range of activities for years. Here are some of our favourites:
- Hold a non-uniform day: why not give the day a Hunger Hero theme and ask children to come in in foodie or superhero fancy dress?
- Organise an international food fair: learn about food from some of the countries that Action Against Hunger works in and add some flavour with this fundraiser.
- Take on an enterprise challenge: provide children with a small starting fund to create their own food-based business for the day to try and make a profit for Action Against Hunger.
- Get active: hold a sponsored sports tournament or a Run Against Hunger event in your school.
- Hold your own bake-off: host a bake sale at your school or organise a bake-off competition complete with judges, comments and star baker awards.