WHAT ARE WE DOING
Our teams have continued to expand our response to the crisis caused by the conflict with Boko Haram in the Diffa region, ensuring that basic health, nutrition and food security needs are covered for a large part of the affected population.
We continue to focus on:
- Improving livelihoods and income opportunities, fostering broader access to markets, providing seasonal cash-for-work programmes
- Distributing productive assets like seeds and tools
- Installing and rehabilitating water points and sanitation facilities
- Addressing the waterborne diseases that are linked to malnutrition and supporting community-based sanitation projects
- Supporting health systems that treat acute malnutrition while providing seasonal work programmes and training on water retention techniques