How is Action Against Hunger responding?
Our emergency teams – including nutrition, clean water, and healthcare experts – are in Turkey and Syria right now. They’re working with our local partners to help people as quickly as possible.
As part of our emergency response, we will:
- give people winter essentials (including jackets, blankets, heaters and sleeping bags), food baskets, hot meals, medical supplies and hygiene kits – all the basics they’re now without
- provide urgent medical care
- distribute emergency shelters so people have a safe place to stay
- reestablish clean water supplies to stop diseases like cholera spreading
- set up mother-baby friendly spaces
- provide mental health support and counselling
- give people cash so they can buy anything they need
By donating today you can help save the lives of those devastated by the earthquakes. And you can help families who have lost everything: their homes, their livelihoods, their loved ones.
Put simply, you can be there for people when they need it most.
Please note:Your donation will go towards our Emergency Response Fund, and be used to help families facing disaster, wherever the need is greatest.
Photo credit: © Elif Aysenur Bay / IHA Agency