We’ll fight for every child’s life until the world is free from hunger.
Action Against Hunger is an optimistic, inspiring place to work. That’s why we want passionate and dedicated people to help build a better world.
We’re a skilled and creative team made up of people with a wide range of talents, styles and expertise. But we’re united in our relentless dedication to end world hunger. No challenge is too big. With you we can do it. Join us.
Individual Giving Campaign Manager – Retention
In this role you’ll take the lead on our cash appeals, raising money for programmes around the world. You’ll share inspiring impact stories through our bi-annual supporter magazine, You Against Hunger, and play a key role in developing our mid-value and legacy fundraising programmes
Salary: £34,642 – £36,662 per year
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Closing date: 6th December 2023 at 23:59
Senior Trusts and Foundations Manager (New Business)
In this role you’ll work in partnership with the Head of Philanthropy and existing Trusts & Foundations Manager to lead and deliver our Trusts and Foundations strategy, with a specific focus on new business. You’ll be responsible for managing a small portfolio of warm prospective trust supporters, whilst proactively cultivating and approaching new, high-level trust prospects.
Salary: £43,452 – £46,917 gross per annum
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Closing date: 29th November 2023 at 17:00
International Strategy Review Manager
We are now halfway through the delivery of Action Against Hunger’s International Strategic Plan 3 (ISP3) which runs from 2021 to 2025. As such we are on the look out for a consultant/Manager to conduct a Mid-Term Review of the ISP 3.
Salary: The budget ceiling for this assignment is £50,000 inc VAT.
Contract: Full or Part-time Consultancy (6 months expected duration)
Closing date: 15th November 2023
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and we encourage as broad a range of candidates as possible. If you need any additional support to help you through this process, please let us know by sending an email to [email protected].
- We work in partnership
- We’re trusted experts
- We’re unstoppable changemakers
What else? The benefits
You’re likely to be joining us because you’re as passionate about the cause as we are. But since you’re here, here are some more great reasons to work with us:
- we’re all about work-life balance and are flexible so you can manage work around your needs
- we’ll enrol you in our pension scheme and if you put in at least 4%, we contribute 5% to it every month and give you free Group Life Cover
- interest-free season ticket and personal loans (subject to eligibility)
- payroll giving scheme
- ride-to-work scheme
- private medical insurance
- free health cashback scheme, including dentist and optician appointments
- discounted gym and health club membership
- online shopping discount scheme
- employee advice line – free confidential access to financial and legal advisors
- counselling services – telephone and online counselling sessions
- organisational sick pay – starting at four weeks full pay plus two weeks half pay, increasing with service
- 25 days holiday plus eight bank holidays, increasing with service after two years
- ability to buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave each year
- enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- up to five days paid carers’ leave
- up to 24 hours paid leave per year for employer-supported volunteering
You also need to know:
- We don’t accept speculative applications. We actively embrace equal opportunities and that’s why we advertise all vacancies to help build a diverse and inclusive team.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we’ll only contact candidates who have been shortlisted. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume your application hasn’t been successful.
- We believe transparency in our approach to pay is important to ensure fair treatment, so we include salary ranges in all our job adverts.
- We operate an incremental pay structure. It’s our policy to offer successful candidates the bottom of the advertised range. But if a candidate can demonstrate their current or most recent salary is higher, we’ll increase our offer up to the top of the advertised range.
- Unless stated, all posts are based in the UK and candidates may only apply if they have right to work in the UK.
- Be alert to recruitment scams. We advertise all genuine Action Against Hunger UK vacancies on our website. We’ll never ask you to pay a fee to us or a third party as part of any selection process, or ask for your bank details.
- If you require additional support or reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate in our recruitment process, please don’t hesitate to call us on 020 8293 6195 or email Maria Franklin, HR Director, at [email protected].