What we're doing to prepare for coronavirus
Action Against Hunger treats more children under five for malnutrition than any other charity.
Alongside our work fighting life-threatening hunger and responding to emergencies, we're also preparing communities for coronavirus. Here are a few examples of our work so far:
- Bangladesh: We're working with the local government to provide hygiene kits and install handwashing stations in vulnerable communities in Cox's Bazar, including Rohingya people living in refugee camps.
- Jordan: We're supporting Syrian refugees with cleaning supplies, hygiene kits and handwashing facilities.
- Ethiopia: We're directly supporting six hospitals, 92 health centres and 429 health posts across five regions. We're also sourcing critical medical supplies and working with rapid response teams to prepare for a potential coronavirus outbreak.
- Haiti: Having helped to eradicate cholera across the country, we're scaling up our programmes to stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Colombia: We're delivering food parcels and vouchers to vulnerable communities.