Our approach to the protection of children and young people is based the principles recognised in the Children Act 1989 and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of the Child.
We recognise the welfare of the child and young person is vitally important. All children and young people, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief and sexual orientation or identity have the right to protection from all tyes of harm and abuse. They also need to be listened to and to have their views taken seriously.
We will therefore:
- raise awareness of the need to protect children and young people with whom we work and to reduce risks to them
- ensure that staff and volunteers in contact with children and young people will have the requisite knowledge to carry out their jobs safely and effectively
- ensure safe practice when working in partnership with other organisations
- maintain an organisation that is safe for staff and children and young people and an environment where poor practice is challenged
- make line managers responsible for ensuring this
- ensure that when abuse is suspected or disclosed, it is clear what action must be taken
- ensure the Executive Director and members of the Senior Management Team are accountable for the effective implementation of this policy
- ensure that all staff receive a copy of the child protection policy, are trained in its meaning and application and understand their responsibilities
If you have any concerns, please contact Maria Franklin, our Lead Safeguarding Officer, on 020 8293 6195 or [email protected].
You can also email [email protected].