Read more in this section
Leave a gift in your will & help end child hunger
Thank you for considering leaving a gift to Action Against Hunger-UK in your will.
With a gift in your will you can help save the lives of malnourished children and provide their families with lasting solutions to hunger.
What a difference your legacy could make
- A gift of £100 can give 80 children suffering from malnutrition the essential medicines to complement their nutritional treatment in a country affected by war and drought like Mali.
- With £5,000+ you can give families the seeds, tools and support to cultivate vegetable gardens to insure that they are not affected by malnutrition in the future.
How to leave a gift in your will
Leaving a legacy gift is an important decision, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. We have the support and advice available that you might need to make the process easier for you. Here are the 4 steps to giving a gift in memory:
- State in your will that you would like to leave a gift to Action Against Hunger-UK. We recommend using a solicitor or professional will-writer to make sure your will is legal and valid.
- Include our full name, so that the money goes where you want it to: Action Against Hunger-UK, Registered Charity Number in England and Wales (1047501).
- If you would like your gift to go towards a specific programme around the world or to be used to help us raise further funds you may be able to add this in to your will. If you want to find out more, get in touch with our Individual Giving Team.
- We'd love it if you could let us know once you have added Action Against Hunger into your will. We would like to say thank you.
Writing a will?
Need help writing your will or planning a legacy? Get expert advice and information by contacting our head of individual giving, Rory Warwick on 0208 853 7571 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What types of gift can you leave?
When we recieve gift's in people’s wills we’re so grateful. Here are a few types of gift you can leave us in your will:
- Once you’ve provided for your family and friends, you can leave a share, or the remainder, of your wealth to us. This is type of gift is formerly called a ‘residuary gift’.
- Cash gift. It’s formerly known as a ‘pecuniary gift’. But essentially it is when you leave an exact amount of money in your will.
- A gift in trust. You can leave a gift for a loved one to use over a period of time. When the time has ended, the gift can sometimes be passed on to other recipients, such as a charity like us
- A specific gift. This can be anything from a car to an antique you're not sure what to do with
Find out more
To find out more please contact Vanessa Clarke on 0208 853 7571.