What we are doing
Our teams are on the ground in Yemen, and despite access restrictions, in 2018 we:
- Focused our programmes on the treatment of malnutrition among children under five and their mothers
- Provided essential medical treatment to over 530,000
- Ensured that almost 335,000 people had access to safe water
- Promoted good hygiene practices
- Treated more than 100,000 cholera cases in the hospitals we support
- Ran a key diarrhea treatment facility in Hodeidah treating severe cases and promoting good health promotion activities
- Helped families displaced from their homes due to combat
- Also work to prevent the underlying causes of malnutrition, including poverty, by supporting employment and self-employment opportunities.
Action Against Hunger is one of the few international aid organisations working in Yemen.