What we are doing
Action Against Hunger has been present in Burkina Faso since 2008, working to improve the access to food and to screen, prevent and treat severe malnutrition.
In 2017, our teams established nine new projects. Three of these were research projects, helping us to understand how to mitigate the consequences of nutrition insecurity by improving health systems. The other 6 projects aimed to increase the resilience of the population. Our teams promoted income-generating activities, diversified livelihoods, implemented economic recovery projects, and put programmes in place that provide access to clean water and food. We also organised disaster preparedness and climate change adaptation activities to protect rural populations.
Our programmes in Burkina Faso include:
- Improving access to jobs and livelihoods
- Improving access to clean water and sanitation
- Preparing for potential droughts and floods
- Screening and treating children with malnutrition
- Psychosocial support groups