Read more in this section
Between 2010 and 2015, we aim to reach hundreds of thousands malnourished children every year and transform the lives of millions of families so they have access to good nutrition and can create a better future for themselves.
Our five strategic goals
- To increase our impact on acute malnutrition, curatively and preventatively, especially in young children
- To respond to and prevent humanitarian crises, address vulnerability and reinforce longer term population resilience to crisis
- To further develop partnerships with local, national and international stakeholders to increase the number of people we help and promote sustainability
- To build our capacity to ensure effective and efficient response to humanitarian crises
- To become preeminent as an advocate and reference source on hunger and malnutrition
Facts and figures
- In 2013, treated nearly 375,000 people suffering from life-threatening malnutrition, 92% of whom were children under the age of five.
- In three years, we've responded to over 50 humanitarian emergencies. In 2013, we nearly doubled our response to rapid-onset emergencies.
- Last year, we reached more than two million people with food security and livelihoods programmes, and reached 3.4 million with our water, sanitation and hygiene programmes.
- 93% of our field staff is comprised of local community members from the areas we operate in.
Our progress report 2013
We are excited to debut our 2013 Annual Progress Report, which outlines the progress we've made in accomplishing our strategic goals for the 2010-2015 time period. The report presents data collected from throughout our organisation according to a set of indicators that demonstrate the impact that our work has had around the world. In 2013, we responded to three major humanitarian emergencies — conflict in Syria, the devastating Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda in the Philippines, and violence in the Central African Republic — while establishing programmes in new countries and expanding programmes to meet growing needs.
Take a look at our progress report for a detailed overview of how, with your help, we've transformed lives around the world in 2013.