Access to and use of this website and website-related services (the ‘Site’) is provided by Action Against Hunger-UK and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- It is important that you read carefully and understand the Terms and Conditions. Use of this website constitutes an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect from your first use of the Site. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, the use of the Site must be terminated immediately. Action Against Hunger-UK reserves the right to seek any legal remedies for any violation of the Terms and Conditions.
- Action Against Hunger-UK also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online, and any changes that Action Against Hunger-UK makes to the Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of this site after changes means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- Action Against Hunger-UK does not guarantee that the Site or the server that hosts it is functional, uninterrupted, accurate, reliable or free from viruses and bugs. Further, Action Against Hunger-UK reserves the right, at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) without notice. You agree that Action Against Hunger-UK shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, or of any Materials (as defined below).
- Action Against Hunger-UK does its utmost to ensure the site is functional and that all material contained in the site is accurate. However, Action Against Hunger-UK makes available the information and materials on the Site (the ‘Materials’) for general informational purposes only, and Action Against Hunger-UK does not represent or warrant that the Materials are accurate, complete or current. Action Against Hunger-UK shall not have any liability whatsoever, howsoever arising, in respect of any use which you make of the Site and/or the Materials. You are advised to verify the accuracy of all Materials before relying on them, and any reliance you place on it is done so at your own risk.
- This Site contains links to other websites which are not maintained by Action Against Hunger-UK. Action Against Hunger-UK is not responsible for the content of these sites and does not accept responsibility or liability for the operation and content of such sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites is for your convenience and does not imply association or endorsement by Action Against Hunger-UK unless otherwise stated.
Reasonable efforts have been made at the time of publishing each page to examine the contents of each organisation and publication linked to on this website, but Action Against Hunger-UK takes no responsibility for the contents contained on such links, or the manner in which such websites are operated.
- No third party is permitted to link any other website to this website without first obtaining the express consent of Action Against Hunger-UK.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Site and the Materials.
You agree to use the Site lawfully and in such a way that does not infringe, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use or enjoyment of the site. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in accessing and/or using the Site and/or any Materials. In addition, your use of the Site and/or Materials is conditioned on your compliance with the following rules of conduct.
- You will not use the Site and/or Materials for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Proprietary Rights: You acknowledge and agree that the Site and the Materials are and shall remain the property of Action Against Hunger-UK and/or its licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other proprietary rights and laws.
Except as expressly authorised in advance by Action Against Hunger-UK, you agree not to copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform or create derivative works of the Site or any of the Materials, provided that, subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions, Action Against Hunger-UK does grant to you a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable and non-sublicensable license to access the Site and the Materials via the Internet solely for purposes of viewing such materials and to print out pages of this Site or the Materials for your personal, non-commercial use.
- All trade names, logos, trademarks and service marks on the Site that are not owned by Action Against Hunger-UK or its affiliates are the property of their respective owners, and should not be used or printed without the owner’s prior consent. The trade names, trademarks, and service marks owned by Action Against Hunger-UK or its affiliates, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not either Action Against Hunger-UK’s or one of Action Against Hunger-UK’s affiliate’s product or service, or in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion or dilution. Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any right or license to use any of Action Against Hunger-UK’s (or its affiliates’) trade names, trademarks, or service marks without its (or the relevant affiliate’s) prior express written permission.
- You will not create a link to the Site or Materials without Action Against Hunger-UK’s prior express written consent.
- We value and respect all individuals and organisations seeking to donate time, money or resources to our work to eradicate acute malnutrition. We endeavour to protect our user’s information through compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
- When you contact Action Against Hunger-UK regarding its activities, register as a supporter, register to receive e-mail newsletters, send or receive information, make a donation, sign a petition or apply to work with Action Against Hunger-UK, you will be asked to provide Action Against Hunger-UK with personal information. When you provide Action Against Hunger-UK with your personal information, such as your name, physical address, or email address, Action Against Hunger-UK will use such personally identifiable information to respond to your inquiries, to send you newsletters or other information that you request, process your donations (together with tax declarations where relevant), process your job application, coordinate fund-raising activities or provide you with goods/services that you request.
- Where you provide your personal information specifically to take part in an official petition organised by Action Against Hunger-UK, Action Against Hunger-UK may disclose your name, and physical address and/or e-mail address, to relevant third parties with your consent.
- In addition to the foregoing, where you have provided your personal information to Action Against Hunger-UK, you may also receive other mailings relating to Action Against Hunger-UK that may be of interest to you, unless you have indicated your wish not to receive such mailings by opting out of receiving further information. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive mailings from Action Against Hunger-UK, or if any of the information Action Against Hunger-UK holds about you is incorrect or out of date, Action Against Hunger-UK will always respect your wishes and will remove you from its mailing list or update its records; please inform Action Against Hunger-UK by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to Action Against Hunger-UK at:
Action Against Hunger
First Floor, Rear Premises,
161-163 Greenwich High Road,
- Action Against Hunger-UK does not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose personal information provided by you to any third party unless stated otherwise. For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through our partner company, IATS, and it is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the IATS site.
- Action Against Hunger-UK will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when Action Against Hunger-UK has your explicit permission to do so, or where the law requires it. However, no information submitted over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result Action Against Hunger-UK cannot ensure or warrant the security of personal information submitted to Action Against Hunger-UK, and you do so at your own risk.
- Action Against Hunger-UK does collect standard log files on its web server. These log files do not collect personal data but rather collect technical information, such as the IP address of your computer or the type/version of your browser, which assists Action Against Hunger-UK in assessing the use and usability of the Site. Such information will not be provided to any third party in a personally identifiable manner, except when Action Against Hunger-UK has your explicit permission to do so, or where the law requires it.
The Data Protection Office,
Action Against Hunger,
First Floor, Rear Premises,
161-163 Greenwich High Road,
When you submit a comment to us we request your name and e-mail address. By sending us a comment, you accept that we have the right to show the comment and your name to users. Although we require your email address, this will not be published on the site, and is only required to enable us to check facts with you, e.g. if you are making a claim we can not confirm easily. Additionally, if you would like your comment removed at anytime, you'll have to use this e-mail address when you contact us.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change and any such changes will be posted on this page without prior notification.
Action Against Hunger - registered charity number 1047501 – is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England under number 3096468.
If you have any queries or questions to our terms and conditions and/or the security of your personal data please contact us at email@example.com
Last updated: February 2009